Wednesday 21 December 2011

A mad Christmas swim session

Our Coach was in a festive mood this evening so the swim session had a Christmas theme. We had 12 sets of 50m listed (i.e. front crawl, FC drill, backstroke, breast, various number of breaths 3-9, etc.)

The plan was simple - use the list like the 12 Days of Christmas. Start with set 1, then 2 and 1, then 3,2 and 1 until you reach 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1. Between each 50m set was 5-8 seconds rest. Sounds easy! Well it was certainly long - I think we managed about 3,500m in my lane in 1.5 hours.

The last set of 12 was made all the more entertaining as we also had to sing lines of the carol each 50m at the top of our voices. If the Coach felt you were too quiet then you were told to get out the pool, give him 20 press-ups, jump back in and carry on.

I am running tomorrow, hoping to do a little better than this morning, when I felt like I was simply going through the motion - my legs not really working as they should do - still fatigued from Sunday.

Today's tally - another 2 hours 15 mins in the bank

No comments:

Post a Comment